Feb 3, 2011

I was featured today on heart handmade.....

Handpainted GlamorousGlassware

This is my interview with heart handmadeblog.com



shannonjauregui




















  

Random Facts About You?
I Love to Create and paint
I love sweet Tea
Warm spring sunny days
LOVE to shop and sparkly things

What got you started crafting?
I have been painting for about 15 years. I am a wife, mother, crafter, teacher and friend. I started crafting and painting when I was 18 years old. I then started to do craft shows to sell my product in a retail store. From there to boutiques and now onto my very own web site. I keep myself very busy with taking the ordinary and making it Extraordinary. I love all the glitz and glamorous things in life. I am not your average girl, I'm a girly girl that always strives to look my best. I am not an expert and I do fall, but I get right back up again. I have found success but yet I have lost it. I am not perfect but I am definitely a perfectionist. I take pride and joy in painting unique drinking glasses with girly charisma...

What is your source of inspiration?
My inspiration is when I go to bed at night. My reason is , i have 3 kids so my house is very active. I take that opportunity to relax. The room is quite and my mind starts to go go go. and that is time to my self to think

What have you made recently?
I recently made a bridal party of 7 glasses.. which include, 1 bride, 1 mother of the bride, 1 maid of honor and 4 bridesmaids. The buyer sends me a picture of each girl. She informs me of there hair color and style. Bridesmaid color and style of dresses. There skin color and lip color. And then i personalize it on the back of the glass with there name. I add the glass breasts for character and then i add the swarovski rhinestones as an added touch. After i paint each glass I have to bake them in an oven to ensure the paints longevity. My glasses are hand wash only since they are hand painted I would not recommend putting them into the dishwasher. The dishwasher is to harsh for the precious glasses that so much time went into that i wouldn't recommend doing so.



Where do you sell your crafts presently?
I sell them on my web site and my blog. I also sell on etsy.com and the knot.com

Why are handmade crafts important to you?
why not? Hand made is so much better it has its own personality and uniqueness. You can buy anything off of a shelf. But hand made, the person receiving the gift knows that you had them in your thoughts. And for my items it is so personalize it really reflects there personality. You just cant go into a store and find anything as personal as my glasses. The ones you can find are normally made in china and they are manufactured. As to where mine are original.


How to Find Me.........

Location
Ontario, ca.

Email Address
srjauregui@yahoo.com

Personal Website
http://shannonscloset.net

Store Website
http://shannonscloset.net/store/Default.asp

Twitter
@shannonsglasses

No comments: